In an electric power train, the controller acts as a carburettor for a petrol engine.
It’s like the brain of the battery, it is necessary to:
- Control the maximum power,
- Set the acceleration,
- Set the reverse,
- Manage the behaviour of the vehicle,
- Recover energy.
Concerning its position inside the distribution chain, it is between the user control and the power delivered by the vehicle.
If we take our electric bikes as an example :
- The battery offers power to the controller,
- When the user turns the throttle, the action get in the controller which analyses and transmits it to the motor that analyse it too,
- And it is finally transmit to the chain that drives the rear wheel!
Read more about the technology that makes the Electric Motion trials bike possible :